Registration will be opening soon for the upcoming 2020/2021 Season.
We have had to make a few changes to the upcoming season due to COVID-19. The main changes are:
- The program is moving to Sunday; This is a lot less busy at Powderhorn and will be safer for our coaches and athletes.
- There will be a limit on our overall registration numbers to ensure smaller group sizes. We are limiting registration to 80 athletes, which should make our groups around 8 athletes per coach, and no more than 10 athletes per coach.
- The start times in the morning will be staggered. The coaches will also be more spread out so we can keep our meeting groups small and socially distanced.
- There will not be a U6 age category this year (So, no 5 year olds). Since athletes at this age usually need help getting on the chairlift.
- Your athlete has to be able to load the chairlift on their own. We know this is difficult for some of the younger/smaller athletes, however we cannot have the coaches helping them load the lift.
- You will need to sign-in your athlete before you arrive. We will have a weblink available for you to fill out before you leave your house.
- These programs are likely to start and end early with a small lunch break/snack. Possibly 8:30-1:30 TBD
- USSA Races are going to be mid-week, unfortunately the schedule isn’t set yet.
- YSL Races will continue to be on Sundays, however they are limited to 100 so be sure to sign up early and there will be no Championship this year.
- No early season in Aspen. With improved snowmaking and an opening of Nov. 27th we’ll stay at Powderhorn this year to stay safe and save money.
Other things to note:
Please see our COVID-19 Plan for the season and if you have not seen the COVID plan that Powderhorn has issued, we highly recommend watching this video https://www.powderhorn.com/covid-19.html