ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST FOLLOW ALL POWDERHORN RACING CLUB RULES, GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS AT ALL TIMES
Athlete agreements and restrictions:
Rules and guidelines are for all participants of the Powderhorn Racing Club (PRC):
- Prior to beginning any training sessions, athletes and staff mush complete the pre-screen questionnaire.
- Due to COVID-19 having asymptomatic carriers, if any family member (within same household) exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, that athlete is not allowed to participate.
- Athletes will sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into one’s elbow.
- Athletes will not shake hands, high five, fist bump or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
- On the way to and from training area, athletes, parents and coaches will cover their nose and mouth with a non-medical, cloth face-covering.
- Athletes will bring their own equipment (skis, poles, helmet etc.) and water bottle.
- Athletes will not touch another athlete’s equipment or personal items.
- Athletes will notify PRC immediately if they have ANY symptoms or contract COVID-19 so that appropriate families can be notified that may have been in contact with that athlete at a training session.
- In the event that an athlete or group/cohort has exposure to a person positive for COVID-19, then that athlete or group/cohort cannot return to training until a 14 day quarantine time has elapsed.
- If an athlete develops COVID-19, then a period of 14 days must elapse and they must be fever (temperature 100.4 F) free and without symptoms for at least 24 hours before they can return.
Parent agreements and restrictions:
- Parents will monitor their athletes’ symptoms and take their athlete’s temperature prior to all sessions and not allow attendance if a fever or any symptoms are present.
- Parents will always maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another.
- Parents will cover their nose and mouth with a non-medical, cloth face-covering when bringing their athletes to meet with their groups.
- Parents will sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into one’s elbow.
- Parents will not shake hands, high five, fist bump, etc. or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
- Parents will notify PRC immediately if they or their athlete have ANY symptoms or contract COVID-19 so that appropriate families can be notified that may have been in contact with that parent or athlete at a training session.
- Parents will discuss the rules, guidelines and restrictions with their athlete(s) so they are knowledgeable and prepared for the session.
- Parents understand and agree that they and/or their athlete will not be allowed to attend future sessions if they do not follow all these rules.
PRC agreements and restrictions:
- All coaches will have COVID-19 protocol training as part of employee training and periodically throughout the winter season.
- Coaches shall self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms each day, including measuring temperature and will not attend if a fever is present. Records will be kept of all coaches for contact tracing purposes.
- Coaches will not come to training sessions if they are sick in any way.
- Coaches will take attendance at all sessions and appropriate families will be notified if an athlete were to get sick.
- Coaches must have a mask at all times when encountering anyone and six foot social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Coaches will disinfect gates, brushes and any other gear that are used at the end of each session.
- Indoor common areas and other high-touch surfaces areas will not be available for use. Please plan ahead.
- If using gates or equipment to mark out training areas, the staff will disinfectant any related supplies between sessions and at end of each day.
- Hand sanitizer effective against COVID-19 is available to all coaches and athletes at each training location.
- On the way to and from training area, or any time a coach is within six feet of another person coaches will cover their nose and mouth with a non-medical, cloth face-covering.
PRC Measures to ensure guidelines and to prevent crowds from gathering:
- Group sizes will be limited to 8 participants to no more than 10 participants per group to maintain safe social distancing on the hill and lifts.
- Limit the number of athletes and coaches at any one time, which will always allow for athletes and coaches to easily maintain at least a six-foot distance from one another.
- If there is more than one group training, the training groups will remain separate and apart from each other (20 feet).
- Buddy Werner will have staggered start times in order to have fewer people meeting their groups at once as well as staggered lunch time. 3 groups staggered by 10-minute increments.
- USSA and YSL athletes will have an earlier start and end time so as to not interfere with BW start time.
- Ensure clear planning, preparedness, and organization in the workplace. This includes assigning a COVID-19 coordinator to facilitate planning and communication, developing a plan for resources like cleaning supplies and regular (daily or weekly) internal communication, planning for employees to be out of the office for quarantine or while caring for others, and considering how new precautions will impact workflow.
All guidelines are subject to change
All plans are subject to change and depend on state and county directives and what is safe for our athletes, coaches and staff. We are doing our best to implement a conservative and responsible COVID-19 response plan and understand that this is a moving target. Please help us by continuing to practice social distancing and follow Mesa County Guidelines, State of Colorado Guidelines and CDC Guidelines.